Friday, September 7, 2007

Weary

Yesterday was the first time that I've felt totally wiped-out after school. Maybe it was the fact that I started my day with a not-so-balanced breakfast of a Little Debbie brownie and a diet Dr. Pepper, but I was tired and groggy all day long. Several classes seemed longer than usual and, as I mentioned, I was starving by lunch time. I managed to get out of my final class 15 minutes early (which is highly unusual) and I grabbed my second diet Dr. Pepper of the day before starting the long 60 mile drive.

As soon as I pulled into my garage and unloaded the car, I reloaded the vehicle with my family and we drove 35 miles for a birthday party. Luckily, they were serving pizza at the party because I had become shakey once again.

I could barely keep my eyes open as we headed home (good thing I wasn't driving). I managed to get everyone ready cleaned up and in their p.j.'s--even pulled off our traditional bedtime story--before I literally crashed into my pillow. When I say, "crash," I mean the kind of sleep where you are out almost immediately with no concern for the drool flowing from your mouth: serious, deep sleep. It felt good. It felt deserved.

So, for all you adults considering the return back to college, remember: (University) Mama told you there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this my (University) Mama said....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You poor thing. Get yourself a better start to each morning woman! And some good quick snacks to keep in the car! And holy moly, you drive 60 MILES one way???