Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How the Economy Effects College Students

Maybe I should amend that title to say, "How the Economy Effects This College Student."

I've never been a person to get all out-of-shape about the economy. I mean, "what goes up, must come down," right? But I've got to tell you, with the rising cost of eggs, milk, gas, paper, EVERYTHING...it's starting to become a real bummer.

How has it effected me? Well, we sold our large SUV because we had to have something more fuel-efficient especially since I will spend the next two semesters putting 10,000 miles on a car just traveling to class and back.

Conveniently, since everything else is skyrocketing, tuition is also going up at least 9%. Man....couldn't they have waited a year? I would have everything finished in a year!!

Sometimes I think about how much money I would have saved had I finished my degree in my early 20s. Then again, even with a tuition hike I won't be anywhere near what tuition costs were for my first year of college back in 1995 when I was attending a private liberal arts school.

What am I complaining about anyway? I won't stop buying eggs. I won't stop buying gasoline. I won't stop paying for tuition.

It'd just be nice to have a little wiggle room, KWIM?

No comments: