Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's the Little Things

At the beginning of the semester, my History instructor mentioned that we could earn 5 extra points by answering the questions at the back of each chapter in our books.

"Why would I want to do that?" I thought. It was almost as absurd as suggesting we actually READ the book! "All that hassle for 5 measly points? No way, Jose!"

Then came the first test and I discovered she was a teacher that required you to memorize every detail of our lecture notes. I still had made a B, but you know me....a perfectionist never settles for a B. I started thinking that maybe those 5 measly points might be worth the trouble after all.

Know what? They were.

Turns out that 5 little points can turn a B into an A. 5 little points can turn a 95 into a 100. Even if I wasn't so hung up on perfection, it would still be worth the time to get the 5 little points because it takes the stress off of you during a test, knowing that you have some room for error.

And the kicker? The questions at the end of each chapter have the answers listed in the back of the book. So yes, I was just that lazy...but I have since reformed! :)

The moral of the story is to take care of the little things b/c the little things have a greater impact than you think! (Oh man , I could get all philosophical with that one...)

No comments: