Thursday, April 3, 2008

So Annoying

There's a girl in my history class who comes in every class day wearing slippers (a.k.a. "houseshoes"). This annoys me to no end. I might be a little more understanding if she was coming in late or was sick or it just happened a couple of times instead of EVERY class period. She comes to class fully bathed and fully dressed. What? She couldn't find five more seconds in her getting-dressed routine to put on a pair of acceptable shoes? I'm all about comfort, but a pair of tennis shoes or Crocs are more comfy than slippers in my opinion.

I also might be a little more forgiving if she didn't insist on dragging her feet and shuffling them across the floor (that sound is so aggravating).

Sadly, this takes me back to the second semester of my freshman year. I was commuting 45 minutes to school each day and working late at night so it was hard to drag myself out of bed early in the morning. I started looking for short-cuts and soon began wearing a baseball cap to school religiously (at least they were still cool for girls to wear back then). One day, a guy in my class asked me why I always wore a cap. I wanted to hit him or at least give him a long lecture about the many obligations and responsibilities in my life that he didn't have to deal with in his parent-funded, happy little existence.

Maybe I should give the slipper girl a break. (But the least she could do is pick up those feet when she walks!)

No comments: