Wednesday, August 22, 2007

On the Eve of Reentry

Tomorrow, I will be sitting in a desk for the first time in almost 10 years (well, at least a desk that is not exclusively my own).

I'll admit it: I have a few butterflies. I have also managed to give myself a headache. I originally wrote it off as a sinus problem but is more likely due to the list of incomplete projects I wanted to be finished by today.

One of my goals was to read the 6th (and final) Harry Potter book before school began (you know...my one last recreational read before the mandatory stuff is piled on). Having only purchased the book late on the 24th, I can be pretty proud that I've managed to sneak in about 500 of the 740-something pages, but I didn't meet my deadline. Oh well...surely we won't be covered in homework on the first day (will we?).

There's a whole slew of household projects left unfinished, not to mention time consuming projects like digitally designing my children's scrapbooks (covering the past 2 years...yeah, I'm a little behind).

I don't know why I insist on pushing myself to have every "i" dotted and every "t" crossed. It's not as if life ends tomorrow. Right???? RIGHT?????

No comments: