Thursday, August 30, 2007

Times, They Are a Changin'

One of the big differences I have noticed between college ten years ago and today is the use of technology & multimedia. After all, I am typing this from a computer as I am waiting for class to begin! This week, I've watched UTube videos in class, almost every professor lectures using a projector, and everyone has access to computers (you don't have to go to the library anymore).

While I LOVE these changes (b/c I am a technology geek and visual learner), one thing is driving me nuts: the students will spend half of class time checking out their Facebook or MySpace pages while the professor is lecturing. I know the new generation is all about multi-tasking (heck, I am too!), but come on....there's no way they can actually be listening.

No comments: