Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Looking Back

Almost a year ago, I was a nervous wreck the night before I began my college studies anew. What a difference a year makes. I don't have all my books ordered (though I admit, I have purchased all but two over the internet already), I'm not trying to frantically finish reading a 700-page novel (though I have read a handful of books in the past week), and I not making myself sick over unfinished projects (though Heaven knows I had a big ol' list of them). Heck, I don't even have my clothes ironed for tomorrow and I'm not sure if the car has enough gas to get me to campus even though I know I have to get up extra early and leave before my kids head out to school themselves.

I'm looking forward to this semester because every single class is an upper-level class in my major: Mass Communications. That means, I'll be studying things I love and I can't wait.

My one concern? Food. Yes, food. I'm afraid I will absolutely starve to death because my day starts at 9 a.m. and I don't have a break until 2 p.m.! My fat cells may start burning away in "starvation" mode or something!! LOL. (I guess there's something to be said for a granola bar in a backpack....)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say good luck to you in another semester of classes, from a fellow mom in college =)