Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Students Rejoice! The Semester Hath Ended!

My tests are done, my projects have been turned in, the bookstore refused to buy back a huge stack of books...that can only mean one thing:Yay! Time for a breather...a short one, but a breather nonetheless.

The end of the spring semester at college totally makes me flash back to elementary school: kids sad because they might not see their buddies during the summer and already missing their favorite teachers but excited about moving up to the next grade. It's the same here: lots of hugs, "miss you's," and even a little sadness if you've had a really great professor who taught you a lot but that you will never have in class again. All the grads are excited to put on the cap & gown but many of them will admit that they are nervous about "the real world."

Personally, I'm just excited to have a couple of weeks at home. I think I'll make a great effort to "veg out" and "waste time" just for the heck of it. "Because I can, that's why!" :)

No comments: