Friday, February 13, 2009

Stop the Clock!

Time is a mystery to me. When I was commuting to school three times a week this spring, I felt like there was never enough time to get things done...yet, I still managed to work, minimally keep up with housework and shuttle my kids to their activities. So far this semester, I only go to class once a week (and not even weekly, at that) and I am working less than usual. In fact, I have not actively been booking photo sessions at all lately. Yet, I feel even MORE pressed for time. I can't figure this out. Surely I don't have more assignments than I did when I was taking 18 undergrad hours. Maybe my classwork is more time intensive? Whatever it is, I sometimes wish I could stop the clock for a few hours to play catch-up. Whenever things get rushed and crazy, I find it even harder to concentrate. I find myself hopping from one activity to another without wrapping up the first (that is why I am blogging in my sweaty work-out clothes rather than taking a shower).

But the fact is, time marches on and so must I...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would be nice to sqeeze a little more time in to get more things done, but the fact is as you stated, time waits for no one. So, you must do all that you can within a 24 hour period and while it isn't easy, we still somehow manage sometimes by the inch of a nail, but we do. I'm sure you'll get through it and when you do, you'll feel much better and much more accomplished. Time management is the key, which is something that I'm constantly working to perfect. Hang in there!

~Ray~