Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Homework Commute

Just when I thought I gave up commuting to class, now I find myself commuting to finish homework! Today, I visited my alma mater (hee hee--that sounds funny) and spent three and a half hours in the library trying to finish my latest assignment for my Reference Materials class. I drove over thinking that I'd be able to complete two weeks worth of homework in one visit, but it was just wishful thinking. I wasn't even able to finish all of this week's assignment. It was worth the trip, though. As much as I love modern technology and the internet, sometimes there's just nothing better than using a real book for research.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan,

I hear ya on that! I still frequent my local library almost everyday as all of my classes are online, but you're absolutely correct that there's nothing quite like cracking open a 'real' book instead of an e-book or something like it. Also, what I find is that many times, I still need that 'classroom environment' complete with table, chair, books, peace, and quiet. This helps me to visualize that I'm still in class so I won't get too distracted.

Hey, it's ok to commute to school every once in awhile. If it keeps ya on track and offers that satisfaction of reading a 'real' book, do what ya gotta do. :) Hang in there!

~Ray~