Friday, December 12, 2008

The Journey Back to Normalcy

Today, I turned in the work for my guided study class and took two of my five finals. Afterwards, I joined my hubby (who graciously drove me to school, allowing me to get some last minute studying done) for lunch at a great Mexican restaurant followed by Christmas shopping. We were even able to get many of our Christmas gifts wrapped before we picked up the kids. This evening, the girls and I did a 15-minute cleaning marathon and managed to knock out the clutter and chaos that has been driving me insane in our living room and dining room (it's really amazing how much can be done in 15 minutes). My oldest daughter and I braved the cold for a while and tried to get a good photo of the moon which is looking especially mysterious tonight. Now, I'm in my pj's and getting ready to join my daughters for an encore presentation of Samantha--An American Girl Holiday movie.

I feel very accomplished today, not in the "hey, I'm somebody" way but in a "wow, I got a lot done" way. I'm starting to feel normal again, like I can actually handle the day-to-day things that I've neglected in favor of projects and study guides and late nights in front of the computer.

Honestly, I've kind of dreading the return to normalcy, but right now, it feels just right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck on your finals.