Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Finish Line

I crossed the finish line today.

This morning I took my last final. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I am finally an educated woman with a bachelor's degree in Communication Arts (Mass Communications).

I'm not going to lie: driving away from campus was pretty emotional for me. For the past year and a half, "college student" has been a large part of defining who I am. It also doesn't help that I'm a total "school nerd" (I love learning, homework, making the President's list--the whole bit). Of course, part of the emotion I felt was relief and accomplishment.

I'm still uncertain about the path that lies ahead, but I know that I am a better person for having run the race, especially since I've had my eyes on the prize for thirteen years!

2 comments:

Betsyanne (E Sheppard) said...

Yay! Congratulations on your achievement!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and enjoy your break!