Sunday, December 14, 2008

The End Times

Slowly, but surely, I'm coming to accept that the end of college life. People keep sharing their congratulations and well wishes with me (the winter graduate list was recently printed in the newspaper), my mom sent me a cute "Class of 2008" graduation ornament for my tree (thanks, mom!) and my sister dropped off a very generous graduation gift tonight (thanks, sis!).

The strangest thing for me to have right now is TIME. This afternoon, I napped just for the heck of it. I surfed the internet aimlessly. I ate too many chocolate chip cookies just because I had time. My Christmas shopping is complete, I have wrapped up all my photo sessions for the year and I'm starting to regain some kind of control over my household affairs. So, for the first time in a while, I have time to waste! Granted, some of my "free time" will be used for studying in the next couple of days, but it is a strange and somewhat terrifying/liberating feeling to have time on my hands.

The world is my oyster!

No comments: