Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Good Stuff

I feel like I have spent the majority of this semester whining on this blog. Shame on me. It hasn't been all bad, really! Sure, it's been stressful, I have felt even busier than usual, and my assignments have been super time consuming, I can still find some silver linings in the grad school clouds.

  • One of my professors was willing to negotiate our assignment list meaning many due dates were changed and several assignments were reduced in size or deleted from the syllabus altogether.
  • All of my professors are very understanding about the fact that we have families and jobs to juggle. Generally, if we have a hard time getting an assignment turned in on time, they are willing to work things out with you.
  • I expected to be in class every Monday night from January through May. Instead, we only met about twice a month and next week (still in April) is our final class date!
  • One of my professors was very organized and her class was very structured. Plus, she was very quick to respond to questions and grade assignments. It made life SO much easier!
  • I have one other classmate at my ITV location...thank goodness! Having someone to contact with questions was so helpful. I am so glad I didn't have to go at it alone. Plus, it always helps to have a classmate that you can vent with.
  • We always have plenty of time to eat dinner in-between classes. Honestly, I was very worried about this. Sitting in class from 4:30 until almost 10 p.m. without food or caffeine could only mean one thing for me: migraines. Mama's gotta eat! Fortunately, our teacher always gives us a 30-minute break.
  • It was tough reading so many books this semester, but I really enjoyed it. It helped me have a reason to read some books/authors that I wasn't familiar with and might not have read otherwise.

See? I AM capable of seeing the glass half full...are you shocked? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are really enjoying the challenges of grad school.

Megan said...

I always enjoy the challenges of school, but I would be lying if I didn't have moments where I asked myself, "Why am I doing this again?"

Betsyanne (E Sheppard) said...

It sounds like you are seeing the big picture and the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel maybe. And I'm glad it isn't all bad stuff going on at your school. Thank goodness! I did enjoy this blog entry. It made me smile.