Sunday, November 4, 2007

Taking a Breather

This weekend was nice. I did have some stuff to do for school (like an online biology test and work on my conference paper), but for the most part, I was able to take it easy. Sure, I had to catch up on the other non-school related parts of my life (which I wans't able to catch up on, by the way), but I have been SO drained that I just didn't care to do much of anything other than eat my kiddos' Halloween candy & watch movies with my husband. It felt great.

However, now that it is the eve of Monday and I have considered what my calendar holds in store for me this week, I'm starting to freak out again. I've come to realize that things that used to not be such a big deal can really throw my week into a tail-spin.

Tomorrow, I will make the three hour drive to Texas to visit my doctor, my sister, my best friend, stop at a couple of stores, do a senior photoshoot & drive back just in time to throw my kids in bed. No big deal--I've done it lots of times. BUT....Tuesday, I will be at school from 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m. because my daughter has violin lessons in the evening and I am planning to stay late for a guest speaker. My husband is meeting with someone here in our home while I will be gone. Typing that just freaked me out because I'm already stressed about the sad state of my home this weekend.

The rest of the week is equally as busy including a weekend away from home.

UGH. Can't a girl relax for a day???? Geez.

No comments: